The School of Business, takes great privilege in hosting the 5th African International Business and Management (AIBUMA) Conference 2014 and it is our sincerest wish that you will experience and enjoy the magic of our multicultural and vibrant City in the Sun, Nairobi. The conference will be held at the School of Business, Lower Kabete Campus, Nairobi on July 10th and 11th 2014.
The AIBUMA Conference is an annual event that seeks to showcase world class research that is relevant for Africa. The emphasis of AIBUMA will be on real-world business applications. Therefore, submitted papers should highlight the benefits and applications of business and management practices that are relevant for Africa. The idea of the conference is to discuss how to solve business problems and take advantage of current opportunities in the various business and management disciplines such as finance, Information Communication Technology (ICT), management, marketing, operations management, human resource management, international business practices, and business administration.
All papers will be directed to the appropriate sub themes. Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings. As a guide, paper abstracts should be maximum 200 words in total. A title of not more than eight words should be provided. A brief autobiographical note should be supplied including full name, affiliation, as well as the corresponding author’s e-mail address. In addition, maximum six keywords which encapsulate the principal topics of the paper should be included.Once your abstract has been accepted, the editorial team will send you a sample paper, whose formatting guidelines you shall adopt. The paper should be a maximum of 8,000 words. Also see review guidelines which the reviewers of your paper will be looking at.
The broad aim of the AIBUMA 2014 Conference, is to provide an international platform for academic, business, professional and government officials from all over the world to exchange ideas on applying global best practices in business and management in emerging economies.
The AIBUMA 2014 theme of the conference is: "Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility: The Way Forward for Emerging Economies".
The subthemes of the AIBUMA 2014 Conference include:
- Ethics in ICT
- Ethics in Marketing
- Ethics in Finance
- Ethics in Operations Management
- Ethics in Supply Chain Management
- Ethics in Innovation and Knowledge management
- Ethics in International Business management
- Ethics in Entrepreneurship
- Green Business
- Governance and Leadership
- Business Ethics and Corporate Strategy
- Social Responsibility of Business
- Ethics And Corporate Governance
- Business Ethics and Corporate Performance
- Social Responsibility and Company Performance
- Ethics and Corporate Culture
- Accounting for Corporate Social Responsibility
Contacts For The Conference
Submission Enquiries: Editor-in-Chief (
- Deadline for Abstract Submission -30th April, 2014
- Notification of Abstract acceptance-7th May, 2014
- Deadline for Full Paper Submission -31st May 2014
- Notification of paper acceptance (with any requested changes) - 5 days after receipt of full paper
Papers accepted for the conference will be published in the conference proceedings subject to author registration. Selected high quality papers will be published in the African Journal of Business & Management (AJBUMA: ISSN 2079 - 410).
Submission of Abstracts/Papers